Shanthi is an electronic health platform that we offer to connect patients with our network of affiliated healthcare and well being professionals to obtain online and in-person healthcare services.
- Website: This refers to the internet resource www.Shanthi.com
- Shanthi PSS (Products, Solutions and Services): This includes the ‘Website’, and all the mobile and web applications associated with the Website. It also includes all products, solutions and services provided by Shanthi. Shanthi PSS includes but is not limited to mobile and web applications for ‘Shanthi Marketplace’, ‘Shanthi PMS’, ‘Shanthi EMR’, ‘Shanthi PHR’, etc.
- Specialists: This includes all healthcare and wellness professionals who are using Shanthi PSS to offer or provide their products, services and solutions to Users. It includes but is not limited to therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians, doctors, holistic care providers, etc. This term includes employees, agents, or independent contractors of Specialists.
- Clients:This includes all users of Shanthi PSS that are seeking information on, or services of Specialists.
- Users: This includes all Clients and Specialists, as well as any and all visitors to the Website. All users are hereinafter also individually and collectively referred to as “you”, and all matter related to ‘you’ is referred to as “your”. .
- Marketplace PSS: All products, services and solutions provided by Specialists.
Our Promise to You:
We know you are entrusting us with some of your most personal and valuable information, including your personal health information. Your trust is built, in part, on our commitment to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your health information. We are committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal information, including health information. We are committed to meet the letter and spirit of all applicable laws regarding the collection and handling of your information.
If you use the Solution or Marketplace on behalf of someone else (such as your Child) or an entity (such as your employer), you represent that you are authorized by such or entity to
- The type of information collected from Users, including sensitive personal data or information;
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information;
- How and to whom Shanthi will disclose such information;
- Other information mandated by applicable laws and regulations.
- The fact that certain information is being collected;
- The purpose for which the information is being collected;
- The intended recipients of the information;
- The nature of collection and retention of the information;
- The name and address of the agency that is collecting the information and the agency that will retain the information; and
- The various rights available to such Users in respect of such information.
Compliance with Laws
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) of on January 25, 2013
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information relating to an individual;
- The purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information; and
- How and to whom Shanthi will disclose such information.
Collection of Your Personal Information
- Contact and identity information (e.g., mailing address and phone number)
- Demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
- Insurance and other billing information (e.g., credit card number)
- Health information (e.g., date of birth, past health history, allergies)
- Data regarding your usage of the Shanthi PSS and history of the appointments made by or with you through the use of Shanthi PSS;
- Other personal information as indicated (our forms indicate what information is required, and what information is optional)
- Financial information such as Bank Accounts, Credit and Debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- Visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- Call data records
- Enable you to easily navigate the Shanthi PSS
- Resolve service and billing problems via telephone or email
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Bill any amounts due from you
- Better understand users’ needs and interests
- Personalize your experience
- Detect and protect us against error, fraud, and other criminal activity
- Enforce our Terms
- Provide you with system or administrative messages, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
- Provide you with further information and offers from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting
- Your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition,
- The provision of health care to you, or
- Your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care.
- Not responsibility for Third-Party Marketplace Providers: Shanthi does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Marketplace PSS and, therefore, Shanthi specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Marketplace PSS and any actions resulting from your participation in any Marketplace PSS, and you agree that you waive any claims against Shanthi relating to same, and to the extent such waiver may be ineffective, you agree to release any claims against Shanthi relating to the same.
- Access to Shanthi: A User may have limited access to the Website without creating an account on the Website. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User must first create an account on our Website. To create an account, a User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is Personal Information allowing others, including Shanthi, to identify the User: name, User ID, email address, Country, ZIP/postal code, Age, phone number, Password chosen by the User and valid financial account information. Other information requested on the registration page, including the ability to receive promotional offers from Shanthi, is optional. Shanthi may, in future, include other optional requests for information from the User to help Shanthi to customize the Website to deliver personalized information to the User.
- Voluntary collection of Information: All the information provided to Shanthi by a User, including Personal Information or any Sensitive Personal Data or Information, is voluntary. You understand that Shanthi may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as Personal Information or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under the SPI Rules,
- For the purpose of providing you the Shanthi PSS,
- For commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes,
- For sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates
- For communication purpose, so as to provide you a better way of booking appointments, meeting Specialists and for obtaining feedback in relation to the Specialists and their practice,
- Debugging customer support related issues. Shanthi also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting Users for offering new products or Shanthi PSS
- Contacting Users for taking Product, Shanthi PSS and Solution feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized practice information for commercial use.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of your information: You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through Shanthi.email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or Shanthi has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, Shanthi may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Shanthi PSS and Marketplace PSS to you. There may be circumstances where Shanthi will not correct, delete or update your Personal Data, including (a) where the Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- Payment for Shanthi PSS and Marketplace PSS: Shanthi may require the User to pay with a credit card, wire transfer, debit card or cheque for Shanthi PSS for which subscription amount(s) is/are payable, and for Marketplace PSS purchased. Shanthi will collect such User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process. User’s credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. However, Shanthi provides you an option not to save your payment details. User is advised, however, that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
- Opt-out of non-essential communications: If you wish to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Shanthi PSS, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Usage Tracking: Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when a User visits the Website, Shanthi automatically receives the URL of the site from which anyone visits. Shanthi also receives the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User’s computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using, email patterns, as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help Shanthi improve its Solution. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with or disclosed to third parties. Notwithstanding the above, Shanthi may share and/or disclose some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow its business.
- Cookies: The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by Shanthi and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing Shanthi PSS to its Users, Shanthi may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the User’s browser. The cookies however, do not store any Personal Information of the User. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Website, but the Website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
- User to User Communication: The Website may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized Shanthi representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of Shanthi, and they are not authorized to bind Shanthi to any contract. Shanthi hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by Users or visitors in such a manner.
- Absolutely No-Spam: Shanthi maintains a strict "No-Spam" policy, which means that Shanthi does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
- Security in User’s Devices: Shanthi has implemented best international market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Shanthi PSS, Shanthi shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
- Shanthi Information Security: Shanthi implements reasonable security practices and procedures and has a comprehensive documented information security program and information security policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of Shanthi’s business.
- Canceling your Usage of Shanthi PSS: If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Shanthi PSS, contact us through email@example.com. We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Shanthi PSS is active and as needed to provide you the Shanthi PSS. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Shanthi PSS effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes. Please note that your withdrawal of consent, or cancellation of account may result in Shanthi being unable to provide you with its Shanthi PSS or to terminate any existing relationship Shanthi may have with you.
- Specialist’s Data: Specialists’ personally identifiable information, which they choose to provide to Shanthi, is used to help the Specialists describe and identify themselves. This information is exclusively owned by Shanthi. You will be the owner of your information and you consent to Shanthi collecting, using, processing and/or disclosing this information for the purposes hereinafter stated. Shanthi may use such information for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates. Shanthi also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the Specialist for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting Specialists for offering new products or Shanthi PSS subject to the telephone number registered with the DNC Registry.
- Contacting Specialists for taking product feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized practice information including financial, and inventory information for commercial use.
Listing in Shanthi’s Marketplace: Shanthi automatically enables the listing of Specialists’ information on its Website for Psychiatry ‘Doctor’, ‘Therapist’ or ‘Clinic’ added to a Practice using its software. The Specialist information listed on Website is displayed when Users search for doctors on Website, and the Specialist information listed on Website is used by Users to request for doctor appointments. Any personally identifiable information of the Specialists listed on the Website is not generated by Shanthi and is provided to Shanthi by Specialists who wish to enlist themselves on the Website, or is collected by Shanthi from the public domain. Shanthi displays such information on its Website on an as-is basis making no representation or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the information. As such, we strongly encourage Specialists to check the accuracy and completeness of their information from time to time, and inform us immediately of any discrepancies, changes or updates to such information. Shanthi will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this information.
Shanthi may also display information for Specialists who have not signed up or registered for the Shanthi PSS, provided that the Specialists have consented to Shanthi collecting, processing and/or disclosing their information on the Website. Such Specialists are verified by Shanthi or its associates, and Shanthi makes every effort to capture accurate information for such Specialists. However, Shanthi does not undertake any liability for any incorrect or incomplete information appearing on the Website for such Specialists.
- Registration Process: As part of the registration/application creation and submission process that is available to Clients on this Website, certain information, including Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information is collected from the Clients.
- Deleting your Personal Information: If you have inadvertently submitted any such information to Shanthi prior to reading the privacy statements set out herein, and you do not agree with the manner in which such information is collected, processed, stored, used or disclosed, then you may access, modify and delete such information by using options provided on the Website. In addition, you can, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, inquire whether Shanthi is in possession of your personal data, and you may also require Shanthi to delete and destroy all such information.
- Aggregated Information and Usage Information: Clients’ personally identifiable information, which they choose to provide on the Website is used to help the Clients describe/identify themselves. Other information that does not personally identify the Clients as an individual, is collected by Shanthi from Clients (such as, patterns of utilization described above) and is exclusively owned by Shanthi. Shanthi may also use such information in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates. In particular, Shanthi reserves with it the right to use anonymized End-User demographics information and anonymized End-User health information for the following purposes:
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing such information for research and development of new technologies.
- Using analysis of such information in other commercial product offerings of Shanthi.
- Sharing analysis of such information with third parties for commercial use.
- Contact Preferences: Shanthi will communicate with the Clients through email, phone and notices posted on the Website or through other means available through the service, including text and other forms of messaging. The Clients can change their e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into their "Account" at www.Shanthi.com and changing the account settings.
- Surveys: At times, Shanthi conducts a User survey to collect information about Clients' preferences. These surveys are optional and if Clients choose to respond, their responses will be kept anonymous. Similarly, Shanthi may offer contests to qualifying Clients in which we ask for contact and demographic information such as name, email address and mailing address. The demographic information that Shanthi collects in the registration process and through surveys is used to help Shanthi improve its Shanthi PSS to meet the needs and preferences of Clients.
- Communication Records: Shanthi may keep records of electronic communications and telephone calls received and made for making appointments or other purposes for the purpose of administration of Shanthi PSS, customer support, research and development and for better listing of Specialists.
- Access to your information by Shanthi’s employees: All Shanthi employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of sensitive personal data or information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of every Clients’ Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data and Information. Shanthi has put in place procedures and technologies as per good industry practices and in accordance with the applicable laws, to maintain security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. Any third-party data processor to which Shanthi transfers Personal Data shall have to agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or put in place adequate measures on their own.
- Third Party Contractors: To the extent necessary to provide Clients with the Shanthi PSS, Shanthi may provide their Personal Information to third party contractors who work on behalf of or with Shanthi to provide Clients with such Shanthi PSS, to help Shanthi communicate with Clients or to maintain the Website. Generally, these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide Shanthi PSS on the Website, including the providers of online communications Shanthi PSS, may use and disclose the personal information collected in connection with the provision of these Shanthi PSS in accordance with their own privacy policies. In such circumstances, you consent to us disclosing your Personal Information to contractors, solely for the intended purposes only.
- No Sensitive Data is collected: No sensitive personal data or information is automatically collected by Shanthi from any casual visitors of this website, who are merely perusing the Website.
- Clear Cookies: If you, as a casual visitor, have inadvertently browsed any other page of this Website prior to reading the privacy statements set out herein, and you do not agree with the manner in which such information is obtained, collected, processed, stored, used, disclosed or retained, merely quitting this browser application should ordinarily clear all temporary cookies installed by Shanthi. All visitors, however, are encouraged to use the “clear cookies” functionality of their browsers to ensure such clearing / deletion, as Shanthi cannot guarantee, predict or provide for the behavior of the equipment of all the visitors of the Website.
Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Consent to the Policy
Shanthi complies with the following United States and Indian laws and regulations:
A.Why we ask for your Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is defined to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a corporate body, is capable of identifying such person.
The main reason we collect Personal Information from you is to provide you a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized user experience. The collection of Personal Information also enables our users to establish a user account and profile that can be used to interact with Treatment Providers and other users through the Site. We only collect Personal Information we consider important to achieve that goal. You always have the option not to provide some, or any, Personal Information by either choosing not to become a registered user of the Shanthi PSS, or else by skipping the particular feature of the Shanthi PSS for which the Personal Information is being collected. You can use some of the Shanthi PSS anonymously, but once you become a registered user of the Shanthi PSS, we will ask you to provide Personal Information, such as but not limited to:
You are under no obligation to provide us with this Personal Information. We use your Personal Information to provide the Shanthi PSS and administer your inquiries. You may change some of the information that you provide. Please see “Changing or Deleting Your Information” below for further information.
In addition, to provide you a safe, secure and productive experience in using Shanthi, we may collect other “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” such as:
B. How We Use Your Non-Medical Personal Information.
Some of the Personal Information we collect from you is unrelated to your receipt of counseling and therapy services through the Shanthi PSS. Examples of how we may use your Personal Information include, but are not limited to, the following:
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive certain communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or select the appropriate option in your user profile. (See “Changing or Deleting Your Information,” below.) You cannot elect to unsubscribe some administrative communications, such as notification of new messages from your Treatment Providers. To stop receiving these communications, you will need to deactivate your account.
C. How We Use Your Medical Personal Information (PHI).
We are dedicated to maintaining the privacy and integrity of your protected health information (“PHI”). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your Name, Social Security Number, or Address), and that relates to
The following terms and conditions applies to all Users:
If you have voluntarily provided your Personal Information to Shanthi for any of the purposes stated above, you hereby consent to such collection and use of such information by Shanthi. However, Shanthi shall not contact you on your telephone number(s) for any purpose including those mentioned in this sub-section 4.1(iii), if such telephone number is registered with the Do Not Call registry (“DNC Registry”) under the PDPA without your express, clear and un-ambiguous written consent.
Confidentiality and Security
Storing your Personal Information: Your Personal Information is maintained by Shanthi in electronic form on its equipment, and on the equipment of its employees. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. Shanthi takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of Shanthi’s business.
Your Password and other Access Credentials: No administrator at Shanthi will have knowledge of your password and other access credentials. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your credentials, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Website when finished. Shanthi does not undertake any liability for any unauthorized use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify Shanthi by sending an email to Shanthi.email@example.com. You shall be liable to indemnify Shanthi due to any loss suffered by it due to such unauthorized use of your account and password.
Information Shared Only on a Need-to-Know Basis: Shanthi makes all User information accessible to its employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis, and binds only its employees to strict confidentiality obligations.
Regulatory Compliance: As part of the functionality of Shanthi is assisting the Specialists to maintain and organize such information, Shanthi may, retain and submit all such records to the appropriate authorities, or to Specialists who request access to such information.
Information Communication: Part of the functionality of the Shanthi is assisting the Clients to access information relating to them. Shanthi may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant Clients, or to their doctors.p>
Disclaimers: Notwithstanding the above, Shanthi is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, Shanthi shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of Shanthi including but not limited to, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
If a User uses the Shanthi PSS or accesses the Website after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
Shanthi strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor children and consider using parental control tools available from online Shanthi PSS and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent minors from disclosing their name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. Although the Shanthi Website and Shanthi PSS are not intended for use by minors, Shanthi respects the privacy of minors who may inadvertently use the internet or the mobile application.
If you are located in the United States, your data will be stored on servers in the United States. If you are located in India, your data will be stored on servers located in India.